- Participating teams must have 3 - 5 members. Exceptions can be made for teams to have more than 5 members or less than 3 members on a case by case basis. Contact the Organizing Committee in case you need to have a team of more than 5 members or less than 3 members.
- Ethlas Organizing Committee reserves the right to restrict any teams from participation as deemed appropriate.
- Changes to team members are not permitted after the Opening Ceremony on Sunday, 14th August 2022. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis as decided by the Organizing Committee.
- Committee members are not eligible to participate in the hackathon. They may, however, assist teams as mentors during the coding/development phase through the Telegram channel and group.
Project and Submission Requirements
- All teams should have a team name, and be registered with Devpost. Teams will be assigned a team number by Organizing Committee upon Opening Ceremony.
- No plagiarism is permitted, any project found to have committed plagiarism will be disqualified immediately. Reusing some snippets of code from team members' existing projects are allowed, but should not exceed 15% of the entire codebase. Additionally, consent has to be obtained from other creators in the existing projects in order to utilize any of the IP.
- Only team members are allowed to work on the project; Direct contributions from external parties will result in disqualification.
- All projects should be submitted via Devpost by 24th August 4:00 p.m. Failure to submit will result in disqualification of the team. Teams should commit regularly throughout the hackathon to the team repository. Team repositories that are committed in the entirety near the submission date, 24th August 4:00 p.m. will be examined and the team could be disqualified for a rules violation. A single GitHub commit made near the end of the hackathon will draw the suspicion that the work was not completed at the hackathon.
- All project submissions will be randomly code-reviewed. Applications will be spot checked by code reviewers assigned by the Committee.
- Evaluation criteria will only be revealed during the Opening Ceremony, and made available for reviewing through the stipulated channels.
Participants' Code of Conduct
- Any form of harassment, discrimination (sexism, racism etc.) or hate speech will result in immediate disqualification.
- All decisions made by the panel of judges and Organizing Committee are final
- The judges will evaluate submissions based on the criteria mentioned during the opening ceremony and on Devpost. All decisions made by judges and the committee are final.
- The Ethlas Organizing Committee reserves the right to amend the above rules at any time.
- Upon registration, all participants consent to Ethlas reserving the rights to all intellectual property developed during and within the scope of the hackathon.
- Have fun, LFG!
1st Prize: PS5 | 4 controllers
2nd Prize: Nintendo Switch OLED | 4 controllers
3rd Prize: 5 x $50 Razor gift cards
Lucky Draw: 50 x $20 Grab credits
To be revealed during the Opening Ceremony, and posted on the Discord channel. Do keep a lookout!