10 August 11:59 p.m.: End of Registration
14 August 5.30 p.m.: Opening Ceremony + Reveal of Judging Criteria
14 August - 24 August: Hack Away!
24 August 4:00 p.m.: Round 1 Submission
27 August 8:00 p.m.: Announcement of finalists for Demo Day
3 September 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Demo Day, Closing Ceremony & Prize Presentation
Statement 1: Design and develop a decentralized app (dApp) that is targeted towards onboarding the next billion users into Web3 (not limited to a game).
Statement 2: Design and develop a game suited for the mass market which has a viral growth factor that can act as an acquisition channel for new users (e.g. how Wordle made it easy for players to share results which created a lot of hype).
Statement 3: Design and develop a Web3 game that interacts with the blockchain or gamification layer that has profitable unit economics that allows for a sustainable gamefi economy.
Statement 4: Design and develop a game creation tool/SDK to help democratise game development by enabling layman content creators to create their very own game.
Ethlas is the leading Web 3.0 platform with the vision of bringing crypto to the next billion users through our GameFi Metaverse. Within our initial 5 months of launch, Ethlas has garnered more than 1 million unique users and 10 million gameplays. Additionally, Ethlas topped the charts on playtoearn.net and was awarded “Best NFT Project” by Polygon. The team comprises of FAANG veterans that boasts years of experience across Google, Microsoft, Garena, Grab, Airbnb, JP Morgan, Citibank and more.
Ethlas is honoured to be backed by investors such as Sequoia, Dragonfly Capital, Makers Fund, and senior executives from CoinMarketCap, Coinbase, Grab, and many more. To date, Ethlas’ milestones have been featured in more than 10 notable media sources, such as The Business Times, Tech in Asia, CryptoDaily among others.
Our True North: Bridge the next billion users into the blockchain metaverse through fun casual games.
Currently, Ethlas is seeking talented individuals to join us in this exciting journey to bring crypto to the next billion users through our library of casual games and immersive Metaverse. If you have a passion for game/app development and the Web3 space, wait no more! Form teams of 3-5 and embark on this mission to create an inclusive Metaverse.
Throughout this hackathon, get ready to brainstorm and develop your very own open source game/app under the guidance of our FAANG veterans, connect with skilled individuals across Singapore and hone your hacking skills!
Other than attractive prizes, participants stand the chance to work alongside the Ethlas team and mentors to finetune their open-source games/apps for listing on the Ethlas metaverse with over 1 million users! Additionally, winning teams have the opportunity to join Ethlas for internships or full-time opportunities.
Don’t miss this opportunity of a lifetime, LFG!
- No development may start before the actual date and time of the event. Any teams that violate this rule will be automatically disqualified. The first line of code can only be written after 14 Aug 2022, 5.30pm, after the Opening Ceremony when the judging criteria is revealed. However, participating teams are encouraged to brainstorm ideas and create wireframes/mockups.
- Game engines are limited to Unity, Phaser and Cocos2D.
- Any software development tools, IDE, and/or programming language can be used for the event. If a team member uses a purchased tool licensed to him or her and the license is not transferable to other members the member’s team must choose one available to all developers within the team.
- Use of publicly developed and openly licensed APIs is permitted
- Project design/assets can be created prior to the start date of the hackathon. All assets should conform to the Creative Commons License agreement standard or are freely available and you have permission or license to use them. Proof of permission must be given upon request.
- Assets, SDKs, APIs or other tools or components available under a trial license may be used.
- A team can submit only one entry for the hackathon. Participation at the hackathon is subjected on a “per-team” basis meaning you are not allowed to be on more than one team at the event.
- Any intellectual property developed during and within the scope of the hackathon must be open source and licensed under one of the licenses referenced in https://opensource.org/licenses.
- The license selected by the participating team must be clearly listed in code (page per page) or a generic page announcing the license the application adheres to. The public code used inside your application should also list the licenses the code is subjected to.
- A participating team can use multiple licenses in the application. For example, the public code used could be licensed under the Apache license agreement whereas the code written by the team for the application licensed under the MIT license agreement.
- Participating teams may not code projects that violate the code of conduct. For example, racially insensitive ideas for an application will automatically be disqualified.
- All teams should have a team name, and be registered with Devpost
- The Devpost project page should include:
- Assigned team number
- Brief biographies of all team members
- Short abstract of the project
- Product demo URL or video
- Chosen Problem statement
- Development tools used to build the project
- APIs used in the project
- Assets used in the project
- Libraries used in the project
- Any components not created at the hackathon
- A link to the team's Github repository
All projects should be submitted on Devpost before judging begins on 24 August 4pm. Failure to submit will result in disqualification. All project submissions will be randomly code-reviewed. Applications will be spot checked by code reviewers. All the projects selected by the judges as finalists will be code reviewed to confirm that the code is original work created at the hackathon and all components and assets conform to the licenses allowed in these rules.
$3,180 in prizes
- 1 x Disc version
- 4 x DualSense wireless controller
- 1 x HDMI cable
- 1 x AC power cable
- 1 x USB-A to USB-C cable
- 1 x Console stand
Nintendo Switch OLED
- 1 x Nintendo Switch OLED Console
- 1 x Free Game
- 1 x Thin case
- 4 x Controllers
Razer gift card
- 5 x $50
Submissions stand a chance to win Grab credits through lucky draw!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Wui Ngiap Foo
CEO & Co-Founder / Ethlas
Founder / Games Bond
Jill Priya Keshyap
Senior Product & Publishing Manager / Voodoo
Round 1 Submissions
Relevance of Ideas | Innovation | Viability | Usability | Technical Implementation
To be revealed on 27 August after selection of finalists; Details will be posted on the Discord Channel!